The wet and dry rubbing color fastness test is mainly used to test the color fastness of textiles. It is widely used in the textile industry. For rubbing fastness (Wet), the rubbing cloth is placed in the water and socked and squeeze. The wet rubbing cloth is placed on to the grating and stag with stainless steel wire and run ten times manually then assesses the attaining on to the rubbing cloth and the rubbing fastness of the sample cloth is accessed.At present, the textile instrument industry has different types of wet and dry rubbing color fastness test instruments, and the common ones are electric dry and wet rubbing colors. Fastness tester and manual dry and wet rubbing color fastness tester, this paper mainly introduces the Electronic Crockmeter as an example.
Crockmeter is used to test the dry/wet friction-type frictional decolorization test of leather, and is also suitable for the color fastness testing of colored fabrics such as cotton, chemical fiber and blended fabric.
AATCC Standards Electronic Crockmeter is used to determine color fastness, which may be transferred to other surfaces due to friction. The machine is named after the term "friction discoloration", which refers to the transfer of pigments or other substances from the test piece to the dry/wet cloth that rubs against it.
Crock meter comprises a bottom plate with a sample to be tested fixed thereon. The wet rubbing test head can be moved back and forth along the sample. The standard friction cloth is mounted on the test head, and the movement of the test head is controlled by the crankshaft transmission, and the test head has a certain load. The dyed fabric is typically tested using a white standard rubbing cloth.
Electronic crockmeter features:
· Metal box, High-temperature baking coating, easy maintenance.
· Electric motor, fitted with a pre-determined electronic counter for strokes up to 9999, experiment complete successfully, automatic stop.
一、Dry rubbing fastness test.
A test for fastness to rubbing can be performed on dry or wet fabric. The tester needs a small piece of the fabric and a white test cloth. The test cloth is put on the grating and stag using stainless steel wire. The cloth swatches are rubbed together to see how much color rubs off on the test cloth.
1. Friction direction Along the length direction of the sample, the friction sandpaper is placed on the base of the friction device along the length direction, and the wet rubbing test for fabric sample is placed on the friction sandpaper.
2. Place the sample holder on the sample to prevent the sample from slipping.
3. Attach a square friction white cloth to the downward facing friction head. The warp direction of the small white cloth is parallel to the rubbing direction. Use a special metal collar to cover the small white cloth. Note that the metal collar position should not be too low. This will drag the test specimen.
4. Put down the friction test head on the sample. The starting position is to place the friction head in the forward and backward position, and shake the handle back and forth at a speed of one round trip per second, so that the friction head reciprocates a total of 20 times in the sample. Electric friction tester, please set and start the instrument 10 back and forth. For other round-trip requirements, please refer to their requirements.
5. Remove the square friction white cloth, adjust the humidity according to the standard (AATCC) requirements, and then compare the staining level against the stained gray card according to the rubbing test standard method. For napping, raising, and sanding samples, once some loose fibers are applied to the rubbing wet white cloth, the rating will be affected. Before rating, use tape paper by gently pressing on the rubbing white cloth to remove the unrelated short fibers.
二、wet rubbing fastness in textile
Wet rubbing color fastness refers to the situation of fading and staining of dyed fabric when rubbed with a standard white cloth which water content is 95% to 105%.The friction fading of fabric is to make dye fall off caused by friction.
1. Thoroughly wet the rubbed white cloth in distilled water.
2. Before the test, use any easy-to-operate method, such as sandwiching the rubbing cloth between the filter papers and rolling with a rolling mill to control the moisture content of the rubbing cloth to 65% ± 5%. This moisture content is calculated based on the humidity of the dry rubbing cloth under standard atmospheric conditions (temperature 21 ° C, relative humidity 65%).
3. Perform friction test according to the above dry friction method.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.