Quality control in the footwear industry is of paramount importance to ensure that products meet the rigorous standards expected by consumers. One crucial aspect of quality control is assessing the abrasion resistance of footwear materials. The Martindale Tester is a versatile tool used in the textile and footwear industry to precisely evaluate the durability of various materials. In this article, we will delve into the functionalities and features of this essential device, exploring its applications and significance in the footwear manufacturing process.
The Martindale Abrasion Tester plays a pivotal role in determining the abrasion resistance of a wide range of textile structures. Key applications include:
Abrasion test: The Martindale Abrasion Tester assesses how well a material can withstand repeated rubbing against known abrasives. This is crucial in the footwear industry, where shoes often face abrasive surfaces.
The Martindale Abrasion and Pilling Tester comprises several components and operates on a well-defined principle:
1. Rotating Platform: A circular rotating platform serves as the test bed for the fabric specimen. This platform simulates the dynamic movement encountered by footwear materials during everyday use.
2. Abrasive Wheels: Two abrasive wheels, typically covered in emery paper, are applied to the fabric in a circular motion. The adjustable pressure and rotation settings mimic different types of wear, such as walking, running, or dragging.
3. Counting Method: The martindale machine offers two counting methods: counting up and counting down. This flexibility allows for testing tailored to specific needs.
4. Sample Holders: The unique design of the tester allows for the removal of individual sample holders for examination.
5. Standard Sample Holders: The instrument includes standard sample holders with 9 and 12kpa weights.
6. PLC and Touch Screen Interface: The martindale machine is equipped with a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and a 7-inch color touch screen with both Chinese and English operation interfaces. This user-friendly interface simplifies operation and data collection.
ISO 20344-2020 section 5.24 , ISO 5470-2, ISO 12947,ISO 17704
AS/NZS 2210.2 section 6.12
GB/T 20991 section 6.12
EN 344-1 section 5.14, EN 13520
EN 388 Section 6.1
In conclusion, the martindale Abrasion Tester Of Footwear is an indispensable tool for assessing the abrasion and pilling resistance of footwear materials. Its precise testing capabilities, durability, and user-friendly features make it a valuable asset in the footwear manufacturing process. By utilizing this advanced equipment, manufacturers can ensure that their footwear products meet the highest quality standards, ultimately satisfying the demands of consumers.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.